Thursday, December 15, 2011

Happy Monthiversary!

Latitudinally Speaking turns a month old today!  In celebration of this neat (but really completely meaningless) anniversary and the completion of my finals, I'm introducing two new weekly posts:

Someday Sunday: It's actually ridiculous how much traveling I want to do.  Someday Sundays are an opportunity for me to share even more of my wanderlust with you all and, once I've settled into a format, I'll start asking you to submit your own Someday Sundays!

Winter Break Bucket List: Since starting college last year, I have been home for four weeks at Christmas, two over Spring Break, four at the end of May/beginning of June, and one at Thanksgiving.  I have spent the entire rest of the time since September 2010 at school in Ohio and at my summer job in Michigan so, for me, coming home is really quite the get away.  Invariably, I spend my days at home watching television and surfing the web and wishing I was somehow being productive.  So as an incentive to actually do something with my break, this Saturday I'll be posting my Winter Break Bucket List and updating you every Saturday there after with the items I've successfully crossed off.  Let's hope it works!

Until then, continued best wishes to those still taking finals and safe travels to everyone headed home!

P.S. Did you know the actual term for a month anniversary is mensiversary?  It comes from the Latin mensis, mensis just like anniversary comes from annus, anni...Daily Classics Geek Out Complete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment