Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Status Update

On Thursday, I had my interview with a representative of Kenyon's Off Campus Studies Office.  My interviewer and I got along very well and while some concern was expressed over my GPA I was still given permission to move forward as planned.  In short, it went very well and confirmed my belief that I should stop stressing over interviews because I've never had a single one that I didn't enjoy.

So what's next?  A lot.  Because the OCS office is concerned that the program I'm applying to might not take my application because of my GPA, I've decided that, after I've gotten my semester grades, I'm going to call the program's offices to find out exactly what their policy is on GPA.  If they will still consider my application even though my current 3.06 falls below their minimums of 3.2 and 3.3, then I'm going to continue as planned.  If under absolutely no circumstances will they even view my application, then I will make the appropriate adjustments and apply elsewhere.

In the meantime, I have to work on my Off Campus Studies Proposal for Kenyon.  Before I can apply to the specific program, I have to first apply to Kenyon and get their permission to study abroad next year.  In addition to the Proposal, I also have to submit an Advisor Confirmation/Departmental Approval form and a Letter of Recommendation.  GPA isn't a problem when applying to Kenyon so my main concern is making a strong case for myself on paper, especially because I'm asking to go abroad for the full year.

It's all due in early February so I'm really glad I'm able to work on it over break because I'm not sure how I'd get it done otherwise!


No comments:

Post a Comment